| universal trailblazer (more...)

hello.



I'm Syaza.
» facebook / flickr / twitter / instagram / ask.fm «

people.
Batman / Zara / Syaza / Adira / Amira / Huixian / Huixian II / Tiara / Aishah / Nav / Mira / Qila / Shira / Hasmah / Dora / Wan
ask me.

Hit Counter




the bucket list
Thursday, September 16, 2010, 3:17 AM


"It's true, look how they shine for you,"

These past few days left me thinking - what if I die tomorrow? Or even in my sleep. I can't control death, or how it works, but the only thing I do know, the one thing that I'm certain of, is that we all die. Every single one of us. Absolutely no mortal being can escape it. It's just the nature of life. We only get one shot in life, and if I ruin it, I'm done, there's no turning back. Which is why I've come up with a list - a bucket list, if you will. Things that I would want to accomplish or do before I die.


1. Skydive.

For years, I've been yearning the adrenaline rush you get when you skydive. It looks fun, it looks dangerous, blah blah blah. I don't care, either way, I will and I am going to skydive one day. I can't wait to actually feel the rush. Some might say I'm chasing death itself. Whatever, I'm still going to do it. I will.

2. Bury a time capsule.

I don't really have a long explanation for this one. It's just something that I would want to do. Just think about it - how cool would it be to actually have someone in the future find it? Enough said.

3. Leave a love note on a car windshield.

Hey, everyone deserves some loving, right? Even if it's just a small yellow Post-it :-)

4. Stand in the middle of Kuala Lumpur's busiest street, and just smile at everyone who passes by.

Sure, they'd think I'm crazy and out of my mind for smiling at random strangers, but what's the harm in that? Oh, and statistics show that you can expect an average of 73 out of 100 strangers to smile back =)

5. Send a message in a bottle.

No reason, in general. I just want to write a note, put it in a glass bottle and throw it out to sea. Don't ask why, I just want to.

6. Sleep under the stars.

What could be better than sleeping under a billion stars? In the cold, open space, in the middle of nowhere. It's the ideal scenery. It has always been something I've been wanting to do, but I never really got the chance to. Just wait, when I get my driver's license, this will be the first thing I will do. Just me, a blanket and the midnight sky. But then, I wouldn't even be sleeping, I'd be too mesmerized by the beauty of the universe.

7. Witness a meteor shower or an aurora.

You wanna know why I'm so eager to? Because for once in my life, I want to be able to witness a miracle. I want to feel that feeling you get when something extraordinary happens. I want to experience the moment. This is pretty much a once in a lifetime chance, so I will not let it slid through my fingers so easily. So, don't come to me and tell me to give up. This is my only chance and I'm not gonna miss it. Although, it would be nice if I had someone else to share it with, but it's alright :)

8. Dance in the rain.

I know this sounds a bit cliche (what am I saying? It's absolutely cliche!) but whatever. I just want to dance around in the rain and forget about everything. Life, friends, family, problems. Just let go and be myself.

9. Tell someone the story of my life, in details.

All my life, I've always been a private person. I don't really like telling people my problems, only to leave them having to carry that weight on their shoulders too. It's just something I'm not comfortable conversing, you know? But maybe, just maybe, I could find someone worthy of it. Someone who won't judge me by what I did, or get bored. They'll just sit there and listen. That would be refreshing, absolutely refreshing.

10. Travel the world.

One day, and this I can promise you, I will be traveling the world - high and low, left to right. I will circle the globe. With only a camera in my hands, a backpack on my back, and a head filled with imagination and dreams, I will make this real. And it will be the best damn thing I have done in my life. I don't care if I have to do it alone, I don't care. Hey, who knows, maybe I'll meet someone along the way. Somebody with the same amount of dreams and passion I have. I will. Don't laugh, I swear to God, I'll make it happen. InsyaAllah.

11. Dive the Great Blue Hole in Belize.

The crystal blue water, amazing sky, great atmosphere, swimming with a diverse species of sea creatures, what could be better?

12. Get away.

Run off to a quiet beach somewhere off the map and just sit there, listening to the sounds of the waves crashing ashore, pelicans flying here and there, watch the sunrise and sunset and wonder how such beauty could exist in such a cruel world. You know, just sit there and read, or let your mind wander off while your inert body just sits there, waiting. I need to go to the beach, now.

13. Take a walk or cycle in the middle of the night.

The cool air, the serene atmosphere. Just me, myself and the world.

14. Tell someone I love them.

A friend, family or even just someone that means a lot to me. I would just pick up the phone, or better still, go and visit them and tell them what they mean to me. Those three little words are easy to say and yet can mean so much. I've never had the guts to say those word before, ever. But hey, you never know. I might have the courage to actually say those words to someone.

15. Go outside and lie on the grass.

Just lie back and feel the grass, look closely at a daisy, or look up and take in the magnitude of the sky and not rushing myself. I can stay there for as long as I want, who cares? It's not like I'm breaking the law!

16. Have a food fight.

Seen them in movies and TV shows, but never really been in one. I've always wanted to smash a pie on someone's face, or being chased around with eggs in their hands. Yes, it's childish and immature, but it's now or never, right?

17. Watch a movie in the cinema alone.

Every time I watch a movie, it's of course with someone else. My sisters or my friends, don't matter, there's always someone there with me. But this time, I just want to watch a movie, no drink, no popcorn, just me and the screen. People might think I'm weird for watching a movie in a cinema alone, but who cares. Mind your own business, party poopers!

18. Fall in love.

Pretty obvious what it means, huh? Well, I'll spare you the intricate details, then =)

19. Learn to dance.

I've always wanted to dance. From ballroom to hip-hop, I don't really care. I just wanted to dance. Unfortunately, when I start dancing, I look like I'm caught on fire. Oh well, I can always learn in the future, right?

20. Witness a miracle.

I have nothing to say here. I haven't seen a miracle so I wouldn't know how to feel, really. So, let's just leave this space blank until I finally get to witness a miracle.

21. Be happy.

To many people, being happy means lots of things - to be in the company of family and friends makes them happy, to see the look on a child's face or to wake to a beautiful morning gives them joy. Well, I want to experience that. Whatever it is, I'll make time to do it and do my best to brighten the lives of others. Enjoy the sights and sounds of this world. See good instead of bad in each other and remember the glass is half full, and not half empty.


Cheers, mate xx

< Forward Rewind >