| universal trailblazer (more...)

hello.



I'm Syaza.
» facebook / flickr / twitter / instagram / ask.fm «

people.
Batman / Zara / Syaza / Adira / Amira / Huixian / Huixian II / Tiara / Aishah / Nav / Mira / Qila / Shira / Hasmah / Dora / Wan
ask me.

Hit Counter




freak on a leash
Friday, December 24, 2010, 11:35 PM

"Do you hear that?"

"Hear what?"

"That! The buzzing sound. It's bloody loud,"

"What ringing sound? Dude, there's nothing here. It's fucking quiet. Now, can we just go?"

"Wait! I know I heard something! I swear to God, I heard something,"

"You're being paranoid, there's nothing here. It's just a vast empty field. The only thing you can find here are grasshoppers and the grass they live in. Unless you're gonna dig up a hole to try to get to the worms, I don't think you're gonna find anything else here that's gonna attract our attention, man. Let's just go before we get caught,"

When the buzzing sound started to disappear, he thought he was just imagining things, so he took a couple steps back, then the buzzing sound stopped. Disappointed, he walked back to his car that was parked under the maple tree just outside of the field. Just as he was about to get into his car, there it was again. The buzzing sound, but this time, it was louder. It sounded more distinct, and it started to get louder and louder, as if it was getting closer to him.

"No, wait stop! There it is again!"

"Dude, I swear, if you don't get in the car in five seconds, I'm gonna leave you here!"

"What the fuck are you talking about? It's my fucking car! I have the keys right here,"

He then dangled the car keys in front of his friend's face. Annoyed by his friend's sudden paranoia with the non-existent buzzing sound, he just shrugged and continued doubting the buzzing sound.

"Have you gone mental? We're out here, in the middle of fucking nowhere, and you're telling me that you're hearing things. Great, just great! You don't sound crazy at all! In fact, why don't we go look for this magical buzzing sound that you've been hearing all night, it's not like our safety matters, right? Heck, I think I'm starting to hear it too!"

"You are?!"

"Absolutely! Oh wait a second, I think I'm starting to hear fairies talking in the background, and, oh! I hear trolls too!"

"Yeah man, your sarcasm won't work on me anymore, so screw you,"

"Seriously man, we should really go back. It's 3AM on a Friday night, everybody else is out partying and we're here? Damn it, if you don't get in the car, I'm gonna leave you here alone, do you hear me?!"

"How are you gonna go back? I have the bloody keys, smart ass. It's my car,"

"I'll walk if I have to!"

"Pfft! You? Walk? It's pitch dark. You're saying that you're gonna walk all the way back to your house from here, without anybody else to accompany you? Dude, you can't even walk from your house to my house in the middle of the night, and I only live 2 blocks away from you!"

"Fuck off, man! I'm serious! This place gives me the creeps,"

"Why in the world would it give you the creeps, there's nothing here!"

"Exactly why it gives me the creeps! It's big, open and it's pitch dark. For all you know, there could be, err-- nevermind,"

"Oh my god, you think there are ghosts here, don't you?"

Without a moment to soon, he started laughing hysterically. To find out that his 18 year-old guy friend is afraid of seeing ghosts just made him crack up.

"Shut the fuck up man! That's it, I'm leaving,"

He started to walk further and further away from the field, and into the darkness. His friend now looked like a mere shadow figure from where he's standing. Even though he was worried sick about his friend's well-being, he knew his own well-being meant more, so he continued walking, slowly leaving his friend alone in the middle of nowhere. About an hour later, he reached home safe and sound without a scratch on his body. The next day, he discovered that his friend hasn't returned from where they were yesterday.

Years have passed, and no one knew what happened to his friend, nor the origin of the buzzing sound that his friend said he heard. He tried looking for his friend, but he couldn't seem to get back to the field. Even after he retraced his steps, it only led him back to his house. Now, the buzzing sound that his friend said he heard during that uncertain night is starting to echo in his ears. He couldn't stop the buzzing sound, no matter how hard he tried to drown the noise. As days flew by, the buzzing sound got louder and louder, as if something, or someone was getting closer.

He still doesn't know what it is, or what is coming after him.... until now.

< Forward Rewind >