| universal trailblazer (more...)

hello.



I'm Syaza.
» facebook / flickr / twitter / instagram / ask.fm «

people.
Batman / Zara / Syaza / Adira / Amira / Huixian / Huixian II / Tiara / Aishah / Nav / Mira / Qila / Shira / Hasmah / Dora / Wan
ask me.

Hit Counter




falling out of trees
Monday, January 3, 2011, 3:10 AM

"This was our song, I still see the lights, I can see them,"

I don't know why, but I have this sudden urge to go somewhere. Far, far away from where I am right now. When I close my eyes, I can somehow see it, but it's dark. Really dark, but bright at the same time. Sounds ridiculous, but it's true. I need to get away from everything.

Earlier today, I don't know what came over me, but I actually went to the Malaysian Airlines and AirAsia website to check the flight availability. The funny thing is, I checked the availability for January 2012. Good to know that my common sense is still in control. So yeah, I checked for available tickets to London, Amsterdam, Barcelona and Paris. My oh my, what big dreams I have, but I just couldn't help it. I really really want to go somewhere. Seeing all those photos of people exploring other countries and cities just makes my jealousy level hit an all-time high. No seriously, I'm actually turning green with envy right now. Well, since I can't really travel now, I'll just have to settle for after I finish high school. Thank god I only have one more year of school left. These urges I have to travel aimlessly are just too strong, but I think I can hold it in for another year. What harm can that do, right?

I've got everything planned out - I'm gonna try to find a part-time job, raise enough money for a two-way ticket to anywhere but here. Quite frankly, I'm getting sick of Malaysia. Oh, don't get me wrong, I love my country, I love the people and I love living in it, but I just need a fresh sight. Somewhere I can be whoever I wanna be. A place where I can actually wander around freely without having my family breathing down my neck. Once again, don't get me wrong, I love my family to death, but sometimes you just need to get away for a little while, you know?

Oh, what am I saying? I think I'm alone on this one. But then, there's bound to be someone out there, just one person, who's got the same idea I do, who wants to get away from everything too. Whoever you are, show yourself. Sometimes it's great to know that there are people out there like you. It's so hard right now, you have no idea. Just imagine - you and me, traveling aimlessly in a city we're not familiar with, exploring a world we never knew existed. Imagine the wonders!

Dear god, look at me. Wide awake at 3:28am on a school night, consumed by wanderlust.

Sigh.

< Forward Rewind >