| universal trailblazer (more...)

hello.



I'm Syaza.
» facebook / flickr / twitter / instagram / ask.fm «

people.
Batman / Zara / Syaza / Adira / Amira / Huixian / Huixian II / Tiara / Aishah / Nav / Mira / Qila / Shira / Hasmah / Dora / Wan
ask me.

Hit Counter




slipped away
Wednesday, January 19, 2011, 8:10 PM

“Laugh as much as you breathe, love as long as you live, dream as if you'll live forever and live as if you'll die today,

Ever since this morning, those exact words echoed in the back of my skull. Life is too great to be put aside and ignored. You live only once, and when you're gone, you'll never get the chance again.

Earlier this morning, I received distressing news about a boy's tragic death. My heart jumped for a second when I read his name. It was Ali Hasnan. I couldn't believe my eyes, really. At first I thought "Hey, it might be just another Ali, someone I don't know. Not that Ali," but no, it wasn't. It was that Ali, my former schoolmate. We were never close, he was just someone that I happen to know, somebody that I used to go to school with, somebody who was my friend's ex boyfriend, but his death was definitely a shock to me. I've never really been good with dealing with grief, even if it was caused by someone who I didn't really know. Reading all of the heartfelt messages left on his Facebook by his friends, it was just so heartbreaking. Especially when you see that before all the condolences, he got ample of birthday messages. Trying to comprehend both the celebration of his day of birth and the grieving of his death at the exact same time, I felt.... overwhelmed.

Might seem a bit ridiculous to some of you out there to hear this coming from me, considering that I don't know him that well, but hey, his death was still a tragic loss. Despite it all, he was and still is, loved. His friends, his family, they all loved him, and they lost someone dear to their hearts. I offer my sincerest condolences to those who are grief-stricken by his passing.

A tragedy like this is supposed to be a wake-up call for all of us, but why are we still wasting our lives? Just imagine, it was Ali's birthday yesterday. He just turned 18, and he got into a freak accident just after 12AM this morning. This shows that we all don't know where or when we're gonna go, so we should all live everyday like it's our last day on Earth. God works in mysterious ways, remember that. There's a reason why God took Ali's life so soon, but whatever the reason is, he's in a better place now.

Al-Fatihah.

< Forward Rewind >