| universal trailblazer (more...)

hello.



I'm Syaza.
» facebook / flickr / twitter / instagram / ask.fm «

people.
Batman / Zara / Syaza / Adira / Amira / Huixian / Huixian II / Tiara / Aishah / Nav / Mira / Qila / Shira / Hasmah / Dora / Wan
ask me.

Hit Counter




prior engagement
Friday, March 25, 2011, 11:51 AM

I'm gonna make this really brief (okay, maybe not-so-brief), because I got errands to run and I haven't even showered yet. Too much information? Maybe.....

Anyway, guess what's going on tonight? I'll give you a hint - it starts with an M, and ends with a T. Give up? Okay, I'll tell you. It's MGMT's concert tonight! Yay! I hear that a lot of the people that I know are going as well, so I just hope that we all cross paths somehow. The one thing that I'm not particularly excited about is how people are already making judgements about the people there. Sure, the majority of MGMT fans are in a way, hipsters (I honestly don't know of another way to put it out there) so there'll probably be a lot of trolling around tonight.

But as much as I'm annoyed by the fact that some people are going to their concert to only look cool, there's really nothing I can do about it. We all happen to have one thing in common: we all like the same band. So, who gives a flying fuck? If these people are annoying the hell out of you, just ignore them, and enjoy the live music. Don't let that stop you from seeing the band that you like perform live. That would be a stupid idea. Your ego can only get you so far, honey. Stating things like "Oh, there's probably gonna be a lot of wannabes there, so I don't wanna go," or "I liked them way before everybody did," won't make you sound any cooler. Their music is for everyone, not just you. You have to know that. We're all different, we may like different things and listen to different kinds of music, but that doesn't make one better than the other. I myself am a strong believer of diversity, and I too listen to all kinds of music, and me listening to MGMT doesn't exactly make me a hipster, because I like the band, I like the music that they play, not the entire fad that comes with it. Hey, I like listening to Ashley Tisdale, but that doesn't make me a fan of ALL the people that play songs similar to hers. Her songs are nice, okay!

So, screw all those people who judge you from just one look. Yeah, there might be some genuine posers there, but don't let it bother you. Don't turn yourself into a douche just because you think these people are pretentious wannabes, it doesn't make you any better. In fact, it makes you one of them, actually. Trying to make yourself seem like you're so different just makes you a cocky bitch. Tolong jangan poyo sangat, okay. Enjoy what you came there for - the music. Although, I'm going with an ulterior motive *cough* Andrew *cough* but yeah, I'm still there to enjoy the music too, don't get me wrong. It's just that I have this prolong-fangirl-engagement to him, so yeah.... and Ben is so kittens.

Remember: True hipsters are the ones who won't admit that they're hipsters. So yeah, you, right there, yeah you, the one who won't admit you're a hipster *points to you*

You're a hipster.

< Forward Rewind >