| universal trailblazer (more...)

hello.



I'm Syaza.
» facebook / flickr / twitter / instagram / ask.fm «

people.
Batman / Zara / Syaza / Adira / Amira / Huixian / Huixian II / Tiara / Aishah / Nav / Mira / Qila / Shira / Hasmah / Dora / Wan
ask me.

Hit Counter




colour me crimson
Thursday, March 24, 2011, 2:13 AM

To the person who made the list above - you disgust me.

Never in my life have I been so furious about something as I am right now. I can't believe people would actually do this. I mean, come on! It baffles me how somebody would think that 'being skinny' is the key to happiness. The size of your jeans shouldn't have control over your life. Who gives a rat's ass if you're slightly larger than your 'friends'? I am, and I am very comfortable with my own body, thank you very much. Yes, my thighs do rub together when I walk, and my boobs aren't really what you call petite, but the only thing that matters is that I'm happy and healthy. Your health should come first, not your weight! I'm sorry if I'm being a bit frank about this, but it just pisses me off how people would actually affiliate losing weight with getting guys to notice you, or getting a date to prom.

You shouldn't care about how society sees you. What you should care about is how you feel about all of it. If you take it in a negative way, then of course you will try to find every single fault you have, whereas you should be embracing all the good stuff. So what if your nose is a little crooked, or your feet are a little bigger than average, or if you have small eyes. It doesn't matter, because all these things that you think are wrong with you are actually what makes you, well... you. I can point out every single flaw I have, but that wouldn't make it any better. Saying my eyes are small won't make them any bigger, and saying I have big feet won't make them any smaller. Accept everything as it is, and you'll be surprise at how much weight has been lifted off your shoulders.

It's like talking about someone behind their back. Saying stuff about this girl, and that guy, especially people you don't even know! Seriously, people. How can you talk bad about a person you don't even know? You say you know everything about them, whereas all the things that you've heard about them are rumors that aren't even true. Talking bad about them won't make you a better person. In fact, it makes you a coward, and weak, because you need to criticize them to make yourself feel better. It fuels your self-esteem. Get it in your head, guys. The people who gossip about others with you, gossip about you with other people behind your back. It's a vicious cycle, unfortunately. Oh, come on, you know you do it, sometimes you don't even realize that you're doing it. See, it has turned into something that you just normally do on a daily basis. I know a couple of people who just can't seem to stop saying godawful things about the people around them, and it just infuriates me whenever they start doing it. I tend to withdraw myself away from them whenever they do it, but then they just start saying stuff about me. Tried to knock some sense into them, but to no avail. They still wouldn't stop. I'm not saying that I'm the good one here, because I'm not. Hey, we're only human right?

I was at a dark place recently. I couldn't stop myself from pointing out every single flaw I had. For the first time in months, I broke down. Just like that, I started thinking about how everybody's lives would be better off without me, and how if I die, the world might be better. That is when I draw the line. I came to a conclusion where I don't live in this world to please every single damn person. I live in this world for myself. God put me on this Earth for a reason, and he put me here in perfect condition. I was born perfect. Nothing more, nothing less. Although I bet it kinda seems ridiculous that I'm suddenly thinking like this, I agree, but that's the only way I can get myself out of this pessimistic trance. I might not be drop dead gorgeous, or have long lean legs, but I'm still a human being. Sure, I don't look like a super model, but then, who cares? I'm perfectly fine with the way I look now. It took me a while to realize it, but better late than never right?

I am beautiful.

We're all beautiful. Tall, short, thin, plump, long hair, short hair, small eyes, big eyes, dark skin, fair skin, we're all perfect in His eyes, and instead of moping around, let us all break out of our molds, and finally live.


Don't you dare, for one more second, surround yourself with people who are not aware of the greatness that you are.
- Jo Blackwell-Preston

< Forward Rewind >