| universal trailblazer (more...)

hello.



I'm Syaza.
» facebook / flickr / twitter / instagram / ask.fm «

people.
Batman / Zara / Syaza / Adira / Amira / Huixian / Huixian II / Tiara / Aishah / Nav / Mira / Qila / Shira / Hasmah / Dora / Wan
ask me.

Hit Counter




#prayforindonesia
Wednesday, October 27, 2010, 1:19 AM


I'm happy tonight. I don't know why, but there's this huge grin on my face right now, and I can't seem to wipe it off. I noticed that I tend to get inspired when it's after midnight, with music playing in my ears and the swift breeze of the midnight air caressing my skin. It's like my safe-zone, and the truth is - I'm glad that I'm inspired only during times like this. Very easy to write in an etherealized environment. As I was saying, I'm happy tonight. I'm grateful tonight. It's been months since I've felt like this. Honestly, I don't want it to stop. Being happy is what I've been aiming for, and now that I actually am, maybe I can continue living my life in peace.

Speaking of life in peace, I couldn't help but see that Indonesia is currently anything but peaceful. The country was recently struck with a chain of disasters; volcano eruption, tsunami and earthquake. I honestly can't imagine how things are over there. My heart goes out to those whose lives are taken away or harmed by this unfortunate event. To know more, you can read the full article here: click!

Seeing how bad they've been struck with disasters that are very much unforeseen, I can't help but think about how lucky I am that Malaysia has not been struck by the same bad luck Indonesia had to go through. Makes me think about how we should all live life to its fullest. There's absolutely no use for us to mope around all day about the most absurd reasons when our neighbouring countries are being hit with life changing disasters. Some countries are busy dealing with poverty while we, the more fortunate strut around babbling about how we don't have enough of the things that we don't even need! Some countries are at war while we, who have been raised in a very civilized environment can't even control our discipline. Some countries are suffering from food deficiency, while we, who are blessed with more-than-enough resources are starving ourselves on purpose just so that we can look like those girls on the runway.

Think about it, folks. We are blessed in ways that other people can't possibly dream of. What you have now is enough, don't get all bratty if your parents don't buy you the new iPhone 4. Suck it up, some people can't even afford food, let alone a cell phone. It's just sad to know that today's generation are not even educated about what's going on around the world. All they care about is what's new, what's in trend, what's gonna make them popular. Well, give it a rest, kids. The money you used to buy those expensive pair of shoes that you never even took out of the box could've been used to feed 50 starving children in Africa; just saying.


"The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it," - Plutarch

< Forward Rewind >